1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
The owner of the BMW 2002 site (Richard Stern) is the data controller (contact details below). This means they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The owner of the BMW 2002 site complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact and reply to your enquiries (i.e. by the contact form);
- To enable you to leave comments on the site (If you leave a comment on the site, we ask for your name, email [which is not displayed on the site] and website [if you have one]. This information is used so other visitors will know who left the comment and to help us stop spammers.);
- To enable you to join/participate on the (closed) site forum (f you become a member of the site forum, as ask for your name and email [which is not displayed on the site]. This enables us to allow you to use the forum. Please do not express personal data or contact details in forum, as these are displayed publicly on the forum.);
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
We use a third party provider, Wufoo, to process the contact form on our website. For more information, please see the privacy notice at SurveyMonkey Inc (Wufoo’s parent company) [https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/]. The information is stored in a secure and encrypted manner at Wufoo.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We have verified that these third party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contractual necessity so that we can reply to you;
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that they can leave comments on blog posts and join the forum, we can have ongoing contact, and keep you informed about news, events and activities;
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep data?
We keep data indefinitely to allow us to reply to your questions. Blog comments and forum posts are kept for as long as those posts/topics are live on the site..
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Tregonwell House Guest House holds about you;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Tregonwell House Guest House to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the owner of the BMW 2002 site (Richard Stern) at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Using the Forum
When you register for the forum, we ask for your name and email so that you can join the forum and log into it. You IP is also kept when you us the forum to help with spam and bot protection.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.
We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol addresses accessing this web site.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this community.
We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no reason at all.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The Cookies We Use
Vanilla Forum – If you join our forum, there may cookies set by Vanilla, our Forum Software. These cookies are essential to the running of the forum and control if you’re logged in or not and what discussions you’ve viewed and taken part in. If you disable cookies, the forums may not work for you.
Notification of Changes
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.